Digest

Ryzhov B. N. The system of motivational oppositions as the basis of psychological individuality

Preuss F., Perevozkina Yu. M. Interconnection and types of social relations of role socialization system formation: metasystem approach

Ryzhov B. N. The actual-self, ideal-self and hidden-self (with Translation into English by L. A. Mashkova)

Ryzhov B. N., Tarasova А. А. Emotional Perception of Architectural Objects of 1920–1930s by Moscow Students (with Translation into English by L. A. Mashkova)

Kondratyev V. M. The Problem of Balance between Morality and Law in Human Education (with a Translation into English)

Ryzhov B. N. Psychological Age of Civilization (translated into English by L. A. Mashkova)

Aleksander T. A Review about Old Age and Disability (translated into English by A. Diniejko and into Russian by О. Leszczak)

A. A. Zych Silver University as an alternative for the polish solutions

B. N. Ryzhov THE PSYCHOLOGICAL AGE OF CIVILIZATION: the XV century, the North Renaissance

Yu. M. Perevozkina, V. G. Fedosov, F. Prusse Functional organization of impasa-role socialization of youth: metasystemic approach

T. Macho, I. V. Lebedeva, M. M. Bicharova. Migration in Europe as systemic phenomenon of the contemporary society

G. Gross, J. S. Frolova From London to Moscow coronations: perceptions of monarchy

Simons G. Tangible threats through intangible means: aspects of BRICS information and communication security

Ryzhov B. N., Mashkova L. A., Stolyarova G. I. Dynamics of motivational indicators in high school

B.N. Ryzhov - Sistem psychology
Partners

WWW.SYSTEMPSYCHOLOGY.RU

Veraksa N. E., Airapetyan Z. V., Almazova O. V. Developmental processes understanding among preschool children: the “Cycles” task

Journal_eng » Journal 38 : Veraksa N. E., Airapetyan Z. V., Almazova O. V. Developmental processes understanding among preschool children: the “Cycles” task
    Views: 250

UDC 37.025.7

DOI 10.25688/2223-6872.2021.38.2.08

DEVELOPMENTAL PROCESSES UNDERSTANDING

AMONG PRESCHOOL CHILDREN:

THE “CYCLES” TASK

N. E. Veraksa,

MSU, Moscow,

neveraksa@gmail.com,

Z. V. Airapetyan,

MSU, Moscow,

zlata.a.v@yandex.ru,

O. V. Almazova,

MSU, Moscow,

almaz.arg@gmail.com

The purpose of this article is, firstly, to describe the diagnostic technique “Cycles”, assessing children’s understanding of developmental processes expressed cyclically; secondly, in highlighting the peculiarities of understanding the developmental processes in girls and boys 5–7 years old; thirdly, in the presentation of norms for the implementation of the “Cycles” methodology for boys and girls 5–7 years old. The article presents the theoretical foundations for the application of the “Cycles” methodology, shows the results of its use and the obtained norms for girls and boys 5–7 years old.

Data were obtained on the understanding of developmental processes by older preschool children and on the differences between boys and girls in the success of solving a dialectical problem aimed at assessing the development process. The article attempts to generalize the results of research about understanding developmental processes in children, and also considers the methodology developed within the framework of the structural-dialectical approach to assess the ability to understand developmental processes.

Keywords: dialectical thinking; cyclical representations; preschoolers’ conception development; preschoolers; the “Cycles” task.

For citation: Veraksa N. E., Airapetyan Z. V., Almazova O. V. Developmental processes understanding among preschool children: the “Cycles” task // Systems Psychology and Sociology. 2021. № 2 (38). P. 87–96. DOI: 10.25688/2223-6872.2021.38.2.08

Veraksa Nikolai Evgenievich, Doctor of Psychology, Professor of the Department of Educational Psychology and Pedagogy at the Faculty of Psychology Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia.

E-mail: neveraksa@gmail.com

ORCID: 0000-0003-3752-7319

Airapetyan Zlata Valerievna, Junior Researcher of Department of Educational Psychology and Pedagogy at the Faculty of Psychology Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia.

E-mail: zlata.a.v@yandex.ru

ORCID: 0000-0002-4466-9799

Almazova Olga Viktorovna, PhD in Psychology, Associate Professor of the Department of Age Psychology at the Faculty of Psychology Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia.

E-mail: almaz.arg@gmail.com

ORCID: 0000-0001-8852-4076

References

1. Beloluczkaya A. K. Podxody` k issledovaniyu dialekticheskogo my`shleniya [Approaches to the study of dialectical thinking] // Psixologicheskij zhurnal [Psychological journal]. 2017. № 2. P. 44–54.

2. Veraksa N. E. Dialekticheskoe my`shlenie [Dialectical thinking]. Ufa: Vagant, 2006. 212 p.

3. Veraksa N. E., Zadadaev S. A., Senyukova Z. V. Ciklicheskie predstavleniya i razvitie dialekticheskoj struktury` my`shleniya doshkol`nikov [Cyclic representations and development of the dialectical structure of preschoolers’ thinking] // Vestnik MGPU. Seriya «Pedagogika i psixologiya». 2017. № 1. P. 54–64.

4. Davy`dov V. V. Vidy` obobshhenij v obuchenii [Types of generalizations in teaching]. M.: Pedagogika, 1972. 424 p.

5. Dialektika i logika: Zakony` my`shleniya [Dialectics and logic: Laws of thinking] / pod red. B. M. Kedrova. M.: Izd-vo Akademii nauk SSSR, 1962. 336 p.

6. Zadadaev S. A. Metody` strukturnoj dialektiki [Methods of structural dialectics]. M.: Granicza, 2012. 146 p.

7. Romanova E. V. Razvitie predstavlenij o ciklichnosti soby`tij u detej doshkol`nogo vozrasta: dis. ... kand. psixol. nauk [Development of ideas about the cyclicity of events in preschool children: dissertation ... candidate of psychological sciences]. M., 2000. 131 p.

8. Shiyan I. B. Dialekticheskoe my`shlenie i predstavlenie o vozmozhnostyax situacii u detej starshego doshkol`nogo vozrasta [Dialectical thinking and representation of the possibilities of the situation in older preschool children] // Filologiya i kul`tura [Philology and Culture]. 2013. № 3. P. 329–332.

9. Flavell J. H., Flavell E. R., Green F. L. Development of children’s understanding of connections between thinking and feeling // Psychological Science. 2001. № 12 (5). P. 430–432. DOI: 10.1111/1467-9280.00379

10. Friedman W. J. The development of children’s understanding of cyclic aspects of time // Child Development. 1977. № 48 (4). P. 1593–1599. DOI: 10.2307/1128523

11. McColgan K. L., McCormack T. Searching and planning: Young children’s reasoning about past and future event sequences // Child Development. 2008. Vol. 79 (5). P. 1477–1497. DOI: 10.1111/j.1467- 8624.2008.01200.x

12. Panagiotaki G., Nobes G., Potton A. Mental models and other misconceptions in children’s understanding of the earth // Journal of Experimental Child Psychology. 2009. Vol. 104 (1). P. 52–67. DOI: 10.1016/j. jecp.2008.10.003

13. Piaget J. The child’s conception of time. London: Routledge, 2013. 324 p.

14. Piaget J. Child’s conception of movement and speed. London: Routledge, 2013. 332 p.

15. Rosengren K. S. As time goes by: Children’s early understanding of growth in animals / K. S. Rosengren et al. // Child Development. 1991. Vol. 62 (6). P. 1302–1320. DOI: 10.2307/1130808