Digest

Ryzhov B. N. The system of motivational oppositions as the basis of psychological individuality

Preuss F., Perevozkina Yu. M. Interconnection and types of social relations of role socialization system formation: metasystem approach

Ryzhov B. N. The actual-self, ideal-self and hidden-self (with Translation into English by L. A. Mashkova)

Ryzhov B. N., Tarasova А. А. Emotional Perception of Architectural Objects of 1920–1930s by Moscow Students (with Translation into English by L. A. Mashkova)

Kondratyev V. M. The Problem of Balance between Morality and Law in Human Education (with a Translation into English)

Ryzhov B. N. Psychological Age of Civilization (translated into English by L. A. Mashkova)

Aleksander T. A Review about Old Age and Disability (translated into English by A. Diniejko and into Russian by О. Leszczak)

A. A. Zych Silver University as an alternative for the polish solutions

B. N. Ryzhov THE PSYCHOLOGICAL AGE OF CIVILIZATION: the XV century, the North Renaissance

Yu. M. Perevozkina, V. G. Fedosov, F. Prusse Functional organization of impasa-role socialization of youth: metasystemic approach

T. Macho, I. V. Lebedeva, M. M. Bicharova. Migration in Europe as systemic phenomenon of the contemporary society

G. Gross, J. S. Frolova From London to Moscow coronations: perceptions of monarchy

Simons G. Tangible threats through intangible means: aspects of BRICS information and communication security

Ryzhov B. N., Mashkova L. A., Stolyarova G. I. Dynamics of motivational indicators in high school

B.N. Ryzhov - Sistem psychology
Partners

WWW.SYSTEMPSYCHOLOGY.RU

Ehksakusto T. V., Kibal´chenko I. A. Intellectual and personal prerequisites of success: system analysis and researches prospects

Journal_eng » Journal 38 : Ehksakusto T. V., Kibal´chenko I. A. Intellectual and personal prerequisites of success: system analysis and researches prospects
    Views: 303

UDC 159.9

DOI 10.25688/2223-6872. 2021.38.2.06

INTELLECTUAL AND PERSONAL PREDICTORS OF SUCCESS:

SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND RESEARCHES PROSPECTS

T. V. Ehksakusto,

SFedU, Taganrog,

etv01@yandex.ru,

I. A. Kibal´chenko,

SFedU, Taganrog,

kibal-irina@mail.ru

The article is devoted to the systematization of scientific data regarding success, based on the identification of the crystallised, core foundation of its actualization in various spheres of life. The system analysis carried out in the research showed that success is based on the complex of intellectual and personal predictors including cognitive structures (such as intelligence, cognitive style, cognitive attitude, etc.) to social and psychological peculiarities (e.g., communication resource, social activity, etc.). At the same time the research figures that a wide range of intellectual and personal predictors and success factors contravene the lack of scientific facts about universal/stable intellectual and personal structure which is studied from the point of view of being a core of real and potential success. We supposed that mental representations can become the basis of this intellectual and personal structure. Thus, hypotheses were put forward: in the diversity of the occurrence of the concept of “success” in different contexts, the tendency of the interrelationships of its intellectual and personal markers will stand out; and that the starting point of modeling the picture of success and the result of integrating the intellectual and personal capabilities of its achievement are mental representations of a person’s success.

To test the suppositions the content analysis of 1043 studies on the subject of intellectual and personal predictors of success was held. Three main groups of publications with significant differences in the frequency of the corresponding success markers, where the subject of the study is differentiated between personal and socio-psychological prerequisites for success, where integrated groups of intellectual and personal prerequisites are described, and where the interrelationships of different signs of mental representations of success with personal and intellectual characteristics are studied, were identified. In the process of content analysis and factorization of its results, the co-directional component of intellectual and personal predictors and mental representations of success in contrast with incoherent/differentiated personal and social and psychological ones was revealed.

Just a few researches (out of the analyzed ones) study mental representations as the crystallizing basis of personal success being closely interrelated with its intellectual and personal predictors. Consequently, the system empirical study of intellectual and personal predictors of success reflected in its mental representations is of great importance and scientifically significant nowadays.

Keywords: success; system analysis; intellectual and personal predictors; mental representations of success; concept characteristics; content analysis.

For citation: Ehksakusto T. V., Kibal´chenko I. A. Intellectual and personal prerequisites of success: system analysis and researches prospects // Systems Psychology and Sociology. 2021. № 2 (38). P. 65–77. DOI: 10.25688/2223-6872.2021.38.2.06

Ehksakusto Tatiana Valentinovna, PhD in Psychology, Associate Professor, Associate Professor at the Department of Psychology and Life Safety at the Institute of Computer Technologies and Information Security of the Southern Federal University, Taganrog, Russia.

E-mail: etv01@yandex.ru

ORCID: 0000-0002-6862-2063

Kibal´chenko Irina Aleksandrovna, Doctor of Psychological Sciences, Associate Professor, Professor at the Department of Psychology and Life Safety at the Institute of Computer Technologies and Information Security of the Southern Federal University, Taganrog, Russia.

E-mail: kibal-irina@mail.ru

ORCID: 0000-0001-7730-7172

References

1. Beglova E`. I. Cennostnoe soderzhanie obraza «uspeshnosti» molodezhi i starshego pokoleniya v social`no-kul`turnoj srede [The value content of the image of “success” of youth and the older generation in the socio-cultural environment] // Nauchny`e diskussii o cennostyax sovremennogo obshhestva: sb. materialov XI-j Mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii (Lipeczk, 27 fevralya 2016 g.) [Scientific discussions about the values of modern society. Collection of materials of the XI International Scientific and practical Conference] / otv. red. E. M. Mosolova. Lipeczk: RaDushi, 2016. P. 47–51.

2. Budaeva E. S., Tolochek V. A. Samorealizaciya cheloveka v razny`x sferax zhiznedeyatel`nosti: faktory` uspeshnosti [Self-realization of a person in different spheres of life: success factors] // Institut psixologii rossijskoj akademii nauk. Organizacionnaya psixologiya i psixologiya truda [Institute of Psychology of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Organizational psychology and labor psychology]. 2019. T. 4. № 2. P. 184–202.

3. Gluzman N. A. Gorbunova N. V. Professionalizm pedagoga: uspeshnost` i kar`era: monografiya [Professionalism of the teacher: success and career: monograph]. M.: INFRА-M, 2020. 314 p. DOI: 10.12737/ monography_5b48b438b75148.79631598

4. Golovina S. G., Spirina T. A., Kornienko A. V. Psixologicheskij konstrukt zhiznennoj uspeshnosti studencheskoj molodezhi [Psychological construct of life success of student youth] // Ucheny`e zapiski universiteta imeni P. F. Lesgafta [Scientific Notes of the P. F. Lesgaft University]. 2018. № 11 (165). P. 412–415.

5. Dvoreczkaya M. Ya., Loshhakova A. B. Obraz uspeshnosti v sovremenny`x psixologicheskix issledovaniyax [The image of success in modern psychological research] // Mir nauki: internet-zhurnal [Online magazine “World of Science”]. 2016. T. 4. № 2. URL: http://mir-nauki.com/PDF/09PSMN216.pdf (accessed: 14.03.2021).

6. Zeer E`. F., Sy`manyuk E`. E`. Samorealizaciya cheloveka v vozraste pozdnej zrelosti kak prediktor obespecheniya professional`noj uspeshnosti [Self-realization of a person at the age of late maturity as a predictor of ensuring professional success] // Zeer E`. F., Sy`manyuk E`. E`. Samorealizaciya cheloveka v vozraste pozdnej zrelosti kak prediktor obespecheniya professional`noj uspeshnosti // Izvestiya Ural`skogo federal`nogo universiteta. Seriya 1: Problemy` obrazovaniya, nauki i kul`tury` [Proceedings of the Ural Federal University. Series 1: Problems of Education, science and culture]. 2020. T. 26. № 4 (201). P. 100–114. DOI: 10.15826/ izv1.2020.26.4.075

7. Ishkov A. D. Uchebnaya deyatel`nost` studenta: psixologicheskie faktory` uspeshnosti: monografiya [Student’s educational activity: psychological factors of success: monograph]. 3-e izd. M.: FLINTA, 2019. 224 p.

8. Karneeva O. А., Karneev R. K. Predstavleniya ob uspeshnosti i uspeshnom cheloveke u starsheklassnikov [Ideas about success and a successful person in high school students] // Rebenok v sovremennom obrazovatel`nom prostranstve megapolisa: materialy` IV Vserossijskoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii (Moskva, 7 aprelya 2017 g.) [A child in the modern educational space of a megalopolis. Materials of the IVAll-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference] / red.-sost. A. I. Savenkov. M.: Pero, 2017. P. 119–124.

9. Kondrat`ev M. D. Social`ny`e predstavleniya ob uspeshnosti podrostkov s razny`m intragruppovy`m statusom i razny`m urovnem intellektual`noj uspeshnosti [Social representations of the success of adolescents with different intragroup status and different levels of intellectual success] // Social`naya psixologiya i obshhestvo [Social psychology and society]. 2017. T. 8. № 2. P. 116–130. DOI: 10.17759/sps.2017080208

10. Loshhakova A. B. Psixologicheskaya struktura lichnostnoj uspeshnosti [Psychological structure of personal success] // Nauchnoe i obrazovatel`noe prostranstvo: perspektivy` razvitiya: sb. materialov VI Mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii (Cheboksary`, 13 avgusta 2017 g.) [Scientific and educational space: development prospects. Collection of materials of the VI International Scientific and Practical Conference]. Cheboksary`: Interaktiv plyus, 2017. P. 182–184.

11. Luk`yanchenko N. V., Dovy`denko L. V., Alikin I. A. Cennosti uspexa v predstavlenii studencheskoĭ molodezhi pokoleniya Z [Values success in the representation of student’s youth-generation Z] // Social`naya psixologiya i obshhestvo [Social psychology and society]. 2019. T. 10. № 2. P. 82–94. DOI: 10.17759/ sps.2019100207

12. Popkova N. A. Fenomen uspeshnosti v psixologicheskoj nauke [The phenomenon of success in psychological science] // Mir cheloveka [The world of man]. 2017. № 1 (45). P. 264–268.

13. Proxorov A. O. Mental`ny`e reprezentacii psixicheskix sostoyanij: fenomenologicheskie i e`ksperimental`ny`e xarakteristiki [Mental representations of mental states: phenomenological and experimental characteristics] // E`ksperimental`naya psixologiya [Experimental psychology]. 2016. T. 9. № 2. P. 23–37. DOI:10.17759/ exppsy.2016090203

14. Proxorov A. O., Alekseeva E. M. Implicitnaya associativnaya sostavlyayushhaya mental`ny`x reprezentaciĭ psixicheskix sostoyaniĭ [Implicit and associative components of psychological states mental representations] // Siberia Psychological Journal. 2017. № 63. P. 36–48. DOI: 10.17223/17267080/63/3

15. Psixologo-pedagogicheskie usloviya uspeshnoj socializacii sub``ekta uchebnoj deyatel`nosti: monografiya [Psychological and pedagogical conditions of successful socialization of the subject of educational activity: monograph] / pod. red. G. A. Melekesova. M.: FLINTA, 2021. 157 p.

16. Selivanov V. V. Mexanizmy` aktualizacii kognitivny`x i lichnostny`x resursov sub``ekta v virtual`noj srede [Mechanisms of actualization of cognitive and personal resources of the subject in a virtual environment] // Mental`ny`e resursy` lichnosti: teoreticheskie i prikladny`e issledovaniya: materialy` Tret`ego Mezhdunarodnogo simpoziuma (Moskva, 20–21 oktyabrya 2016 g.) [Mental resources of personality: theoretical and applied research: proceedings of the Third International Symposium] / otv. red. M. A. Xolodnaya, G. V. Ozhiganova. M.: In-t psixologii RAN, 2016. P. 333–338. URL: https://znanium.com/catalog/product/1060951 (accessed: 27.03.2021).

17. Sipovskaya Ya. I. Ponyatijny`e, metakognitivny`e i intencional`ny`e sposobnosti v strukture intellektual`noj kompetentnosti: avtoref. dis. … kand. psixol. nauk [Conceptual, metacognitive and intentional abilities in the structure of intellectual competence: abstract of the dissertation]. M., 2016. 22 p.

18. Tabala A. A. Obraz uspeshnosti v podrostkovom vozraste [The image of success in adolescence] // Rossiya: ot stagnacii k razvitiyu (regional`ny`e, federal`ny`e, mezhdunarodny`e problemy`): sb. materialov XI zaochnoj Mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii molody`x ucheny`x, aspirantov, studentov, shkol`nikov (Stavropol`, 21 aprelya 2017 g.) [Russia: from stagnation to development (regional, federal, international problems). Collection of materials of the XI Correspondence International Scientific and Practical Conference of Young Scientists, Postgraduates, Students, Schoolchildren]. Stavropol`: In-t druzhby` narodov Kavkaza, 2017. P. 434–435.

19. Tolochek V. А. «Zadatki – sposobnosti – resursy`» v determinacii social`noĭ uspeshnosti cheloveka [“Makings-abilities-resources” in the determination of social success of a person] // Fundamental`ny`e i prikladny`e issledovaniya sovremennoĭ psixologii: rezul`taty` i perspektivy` razvitiya [Fundamental and applied research of modern psychology: results and prospects of development] / otv. red. A. L. Zhurvlev, V. A. Kol`czova. M.: In-t psixologii RAN, 2017. P. 1265–1272.

20. Xolodnaya M. A. Psixologiya intellekta. Paradoksy` issledovaniya [Psychology of intelligence. Paradoxes of research]. 3-e izd., pererab. i dop. M.: Yurajt, 2019. 334 p.

21. Shabunova A. A., Belexova G. V. Social`no-trudovoj kontekst uspeshnosti sovremennogo cheloveka [Social and labor context of modern human success] // Vestnik GSGU [Bulletin of the GSGU]. 2019. № 2 (34). P. 49–54.

22. Bracci S., Caramazza A., Peelen M. V. View-invariant representation of hand postures in the human lateral occipitotemporal cortex // NEUROIMAGE. 2018. Vol. 181. P. 446–452. DOI: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2018.07.001

23. Brigley B. J. Facilitating student performance conversations: Aframeworkfor success // Nurse Education Today. 2018. Vol. 68. P. 172–176. DOI: 10.1016/j.nedt. 2018.06.008

24. Cigrovski V. Sport courage, worry and fear in relation to success of alpine ski learning / V. Cigrovski et al. // Sports (Basel, Switzerland). 2018. Vol. 6. Iss. 3. P. 96. DOI: 10.3390/sports6030096

25. De Haan A. M. Body representation does not lag behind in updating for the pubertal growth spurt / A. M. de Haan et al. // Journal оf Experimental Child Psychology. 2018. Vol. 175. P. 48–66. DOI: 10.1016/j. jecp.2018.05.002

26. Horvath P. The relationship of psychological construals with well-being // Newideasinpsychology. 2018. Vol. 51. P. 15–20. DOI: 10.1016/j.newideapsych.2018.04.008

27. Kibal’chenko I. A., Eksakusto T. V. Modern students` mental representations of success // International Journal of Cognitive Research in Science, Engineering and Education (IJCRSEE). 2019. Vol. 7. № 1. P. 1–13. DOI: 10.5937/ijcrsee1901001K

28. Kuvich G., Perlovsky L. Cognitive mechanisms of the mind // New Mathematics and Natural Computation. 2013. Vol. 9 (3). P. 301–323. DOI: 10.1142/S1793005713400097

29. Lewis N. A. Jr., Yates J. F. Preparing disadvantaged students for success in college: Lessons learned from the preparation initiative // Perspectives on Psychological Science. 2019. Vol. 14 (1). P. 54–59. DOI: 10.1177/1745691618808515

30. Low R. S., Overall N. C., Hammond M. D., Girme Y. U. Emotional suppression during personal goal pursuit impedes goal strivings and achievement // Emotion. 2017. № 2. P. 208–223. DOI: 10.1037/emo0000218

31. Nanay B. Success semantics: The sequel // Philosophical Studies. 2013. Vol. 165. Iss. 1. P. 151–165. DOI: 10.1007/s11098-012-9922-7

32. Palmer C. E., Tsakiris M. Going at the heart of social cognition: Is there a role for interoception in self-other distinction? // Current Opinionin Psychology. 2018. Vol. 24. P. 21–26. DOI: 10.1016/j.copsyc.2018.04.008

33. Pirolli P. Implementation intention and reminder effects on behavior change in a mobile health system: A predictive cognitive model / P. Pirolli et al. // Journal of Medical Internet Research. 2017. 19(11). P. 397. DOI: 10.2196/jmir.8217.

34. Schurz G., Hertwig R. Cognitive success: A consequentialist account of rationality in cognition // Topics in Cognitive Science. 2019. Vol. 11. P. 7–36. DOI: 10.1111/tops.12410

35. Seguin C. A survey of nurse leaders to explore the relationship between grit and measures of success and well-being // The Journal of Nursing Administration. 2019. March. Vol. 49. Iss. 3. P. 125–131. DOI: 10.1097/NNA.0000000000000725

36. Spurk D., Keller A.C., Hirschi A. Competition in career tournaments: Investigating the joint impact of trait competitiveness and competitive psychological climate on objective and subjective career success // Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology. 2019. Vol. 92. P. 74–79. DOI: 10.1111/joop.12238

37. Thompson T. Re-examining the effects of noncontingent success on self-handicapping behaviour // British Journal of Educational Psychology. 2004. Vol. 74. Iss. 2. P. 239–260. DOI: 10.1348/000709904773839860

38. Van Rooij E. C. M., Jansen E. P. W. A., Vande Grift W. J. C. M. First-year university students’ academic success: The importance of academic adjustment // European Journal of Psychology of Education. 2018. Vol. 33 (4). P. 749–767. DOI:10.1007/s10212-017-0347-8

39. Welsch D. M., Zimmer D. M. Do high school gifted programs lead to later-in-life success? // Journal of Labor Research. 2018. Vol. 39 (2). P. 201–218. DOI: 10.1007/s12122-017-9252-9