Digest

Ryzhov B. N. The system of motivational oppositions as the basis of psychological individuality

Preuss F., Perevozkina Yu. M. Interconnection and types of social relations of role socialization system formation: metasystem approach

Ryzhov B. N. The actual-self, ideal-self and hidden-self (with Translation into English by L. A. Mashkova)

Ryzhov B. N., Tarasova А. А. Emotional Perception of Architectural Objects of 1920–1930s by Moscow Students (with Translation into English by L. A. Mashkova)

Kondratyev V. M. The Problem of Balance between Morality and Law in Human Education (with a Translation into English)

Ryzhov B. N. Psychological Age of Civilization (translated into English by L. A. Mashkova)

Aleksander T. A Review about Old Age and Disability (translated into English by A. Diniejko and into Russian by О. Leszczak)

A. A. Zych Silver University as an alternative for the polish solutions

B. N. Ryzhov THE PSYCHOLOGICAL AGE OF CIVILIZATION: the XV century, the North Renaissance

Yu. M. Perevozkina, V. G. Fedosov, F. Prusse Functional organization of impasa-role socialization of youth: metasystemic approach

T. Macho, I. V. Lebedeva, M. M. Bicharova. Migration in Europe as systemic phenomenon of the contemporary society

G. Gross, J. S. Frolova From London to Moscow coronations: perceptions of monarchy

Simons G. Tangible threats through intangible means: aspects of BRICS information and communication security

Ryzhov B. N., Mashkova L. A., Stolyarova G. I. Dynamics of motivational indicators in high school

B.N. Ryzhov - Sistem psychology
Partners

WWW.SYSTEMPSYCHOLOGY.RU

Valyavko S. M., Volodina O. Yu. Peculiarities of verbal communicative skills of preschoolers with autism disorders

Journal_eng » Journal 37 : Valyavko S. M., Volodina O. Yu. Peculiarities of verbal communicative skills of preschoolers with autism disorders
    Views: 290

UDC 159.9.07

DOI 10.25688/2223-6872.2021.37.1.5

PECULIARITIES OF VERBAL COMMUNICATIVE SKILLS

OF PRESCHOOLERS WITH AUTISM DISORDERS

S. M. Valyavko,

MCU, Moscow,

valyavko@yandex.ru,

O. Yu. Volodina,

MGPPU, Moscow,

saint_olga@list.ru

The article is devoted to the study of the features of verbal communication skills of preschoolers with autism spectrum disorder. The article reveals the essence and component composition of verbal communication skills in senior preschool children with childhood autism in comparison with their peers who have speech underdevelopment of primary genesis. Understanding the characteristics of communication and speech disorders in children with autism helps to determine the priority areas of correctional work.

The study was conducted on the basis of CRID “Our Sunny World” in the period from October 2019 to February 2020. The study involved children aged 5 to 7 years old with an established diagnosis of autism, not burdened with mental retardation. As a comparative group children attending classes on the development of speech in CRID “Our Solar World” and having a general speech underdevelopment of the III level were taken. Their level of speech development was closely related to the level of children from the childhood autism group.

The results of the research showed that speech retardation in children with autism has similarities with speech retardation in children without autism. At the same time, the communication skills of children with autism spectrum disorders significantly lag behind their level of speech development. The level of development of communication skills in children with autism is significantly lower than that in children with general speech underdevelopment of the III level, while the indicators of speech development of children from the group with autism slightly exceed the indicators of children with general speech underdevelopment from the target sample. The study revealed a direct link between the assessment of the communication and speech skills of children with autism: the lower the indicators of the communicative competencies of children with autism, the lower their speech skills.

Keywords: verbal communication skills; social skills; speech skills; childhood autism; general speech underdevelopment.

For citation: Valyavko S. M., Volodina O. Yu. Peculiarities of verbal communicative skills of preschoolers with autism disorders // Systems Psychology and Sociology. 2021. № 1 (37). P. 61–69. DOI: 10.25688/2223-6872.2021.37.1.5

Valyavko Svetlana Mikhailovna, PhD in Psychology, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Special Psychology and Psychological and Social Technologies of the Institute of Special Education and Psychology of the Moscow City University, Moscow, Russia.

E-mail: valyavko@yandex.ru

ORCID: 0000-0001-7195-6374

Volodina Olga Yurievna, tutor of the federal resource center for the organization of comprehensive support for children and adolescents, Moscow State Psychological and Pedagogical University, Moscow, Russia.

E-mail: saint_olga@list.ru

ORCID: 0000-0002-7332-7173

References

1. Arxipova E. F. Esli u rebenka obshhee nedorazvitie rechi [If a child has a general underdevelopment of speech] // Sovremennoe doshkol`noe obrazovanie. Teoriya i praktika [Modern Preschool Education. Theory and Practice]. 2017. № 2 (74). P. 38–43.

2. Valyavko S. M. Pochemu doshkol`niki s obshhim nedorazvitiem rechi rezistentny` k logopedicheskomu vozdejstviyu? [Why are preschool children with general speech underdevelopment resistant to speech therapy?] // Defektologiya [Defectology]. 2009. № 2. P. 59–65.

3. Volkovskaya T. N. Teoreticheskie aspekty` problemy` kommunikativnoj dezadaptacii detej s nedostatkami rechi [Theoretical aspects of the problem of communicative maladaptation of children with speech disabilities] // Korrekcionnaya pedagogika: teoriya i praktika [Correctional Pedagogy: Theory and Practice]. 2016. № 4 (70). P. 8–12.

4. Kommunikativno-rechevaya deyatel`nost` detej s otkloneniyami v razvitii: diagnostika i korrekciya [Communicative and speech activity of children with developmental disabilities: diagnosis and correction] / pod red. G. V. Chirkinoj, L. S. Solov`evoj. Arxangel`sk: Pomorskij universitet, 2009. 403 p.

5. Kompleksny`j podxod k socializacii detej s rasstrojstvami autisticheskogo spektra: ucheb.-metod. posobie [An integrated approach to the socialization of children with autistic spectrum disorders: an educational and methodological guide] / [pod red. E. S. Romanovoj]; Mosk. gor. ped. un-t, In-t psixologii, sociologii i socz. otnoshenij. M.: Redkaya pticza, 2019. 124 p.

6. Leonova I. V. Razvitie kommunikativny`x navy`kov i rechi u detej, imeyushhix RAS i drugie narusheniya razvitiya [Development of communication skills and speech in children with ASD and other developmental disorders]. M.: Nash solnechny`j mir, 2016. 34 p.

7. Ly`gina M. A., Kucz A. V. Kompleksny`j podxod k obucheniyu detej s rasstrojstvami autisticheskogo spektra [Complex approach to teaching children with autism spectrum disorders] // Pedagogicheskoe obrazovanie i nauka [Pedagogical Education and Science]. 2019. № 4. P. 126–129.

8. Mamoxina U. A. Osobennosti rechi pri rasstrojstvax autisticheskogo spektra [Features of speech in autistic spectrum disorders] // Autizm i narusheniya razvitiya [Autism and Developmental Disorders]. 2017. Vol. 15. № 3. P. 24–31.

9. Metody` obsledovaniya rechi detej: posobie po diagnostike rechevy`x narushenij [Methods of speech examination of children: A manual for the diagnosis of speech disorders] / pod obshh. red. G. V. Chirkinoj. M.: ARKTI, 2003. 240 p.

10. Morozov S. A. Kompleksnoe soprovozhdenie licz s rasstrojstvami autisticheskogo spektra: ucheb.- metod. posobie [Complex support of persons with autistic spectrum disorders: educational and methodological manual]. M.: [b. i.], 2015. 539 p.

11. Romanova A. A. Osobennosti rechi detej s autisticheskimi rasstrojstvami [Features of speech of children with autistic disorders] // Defektologiya [Defectology]. 2011. № 2. P. 44–51.

12. Xaustov A. V. Formirovanie kommunikativny`x navy`kov u detej s detskim autizmom: dis. … kand. psixol. nauk: 13.00.03 [Formation of communicative skills in children with childhood autism: dis. ... Ph. D.: 13.00.03]. M., 2005. 176 p.

13. Xaustov A. V., Krasnosel`skaya E. L., Xaustova I. M. Deti s rasstrojstvami autisticheskogo spektra. Protokol pedagogicheskogo obsledovaniya [Children with autistic spectrum disorders. Protocol of the pedagogical examination] // Praktika upravleniya DOU [Practice of Management of DOW]. 2014. № 1. P. 32–50.

14. Bailey A. Autism treatment research // Autism Research. 2014. Vol. 7. Iss. 1. P. 1–3. DOI: 10.1002/ aur.1358

15. Ganz J. B. AAC interventions for individuals with autism spectrum disorders: State of the science and future research directions // Augmentative and Alternative Communication. 2015. Vol. 31. Iss. 3. P. 203–214. DOI: 10.3109/07434618.2015.1047532

16. London E. The role of the neurobiologist in redefining the diagnosis of autism // Brain Pathol. 2007. Vol. 17 (4). P. 408–411. DOI: 10.1111/j.1750-3639.2007.00103.x

17. McVey A. J. The neurobiological presentation of anxiety in autism spectrum disorder: A systematic review // Autism Research. 2019. Vol. 12. Iss. 3. P. 346–369. DOI: 10.1002/aur.2063

18. Posserud M. B., Lundervold A.J., Gillberg C. Autistic features in a total population of 7-9-year-old children assessed by the ASSQ (Autism Spectrum Screening Questionnaire) // The Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry. 2006. Vol. 47 (2). P. 167–175. DOI: 10.1111/j.1469-7610.2005.01462.x

19. Russell G. Contextualising autism diagnosis // Autism-Open Access. 2014. Vol. 4. Iss. 1. P. 1–2. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4172/2165-7890.1000128

20. Russell G. Social and behavioural outcomes in children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders: longitudinal cohort study / G. Russell at el. // The Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry. 2012. Vol. 53 (7). P. 735–744. DOI: 10.1111/j.1469-7610.2011.02490.x